Meni Karakitsou lives and works in the city of Thessaloniki, at Northern Greece, where she was born. She has been painting since her childhood. She has studied economics and had a successful Bank career, till recently.
Her first studies in painting started in 1990 and she accomplished a 2-year study in Byzantine icons painting. In 2012, she graduated from a 3-year College of Art.
In 2014, she was trained and obtained expertise in the field of watercolors, her mentor being George Politis, the award-winning and world renowned watercolors painter.
Since 2012, she has been a member of the painters club “Thessaloniki Colors Gallery”.
Solo/Group Shows, Exhibitions
- April 2016, International Watercolor Exhibition, Fabriano, Italy
- November 2015, Solo exhibition under the title “From the Inside Out”, MACEDONIA PALACE, Thessaloniki
- September 2015, Govedarou Art Gallery, Thessaloniki
- June 2015, PAPATZIKOU ART GALLERY, Veria, N. Greece
- March 2015, Hotel Metropolitan, Thessaloniki
- February 2015, Thessaloniki Colors Gallery
- May 2014, Fashion and Color, PROPILEON Gallery, Thessaloniki
- April 2013, Triennial “snake’s egg”, Thessaloniki
- March 2013, Osaka, Japan
- June 2012, Sigean, France
- May 2012, “International day of Color”, Thessaloniki Colors Gallery
- June 2011 and May 2010, exhibitions with the title “6th sense” held at Vafopoulio Inst., Thessaloniki